Re: [IRCA] West Coast TA reports

Here's the thing *Chuck* -

When there is an "opening" to TA land, it is likely very, very fleeting and
in the interest of getting the information out to the maximum number of
interested DX enthusiasts,
one reports what they have quickly - because there often isn't time.

When you are in the front line, that is the first few lucky folks to
receive these weak signals, we don't tend to pull out our magnifying
glasses, kick back in our easy chair,
light a pipe and pontificate on what or if a station might be. We act
quickly so others might benefit. We get on the phone (like in the olden
days) or on the e-mail to alert the enthusiasts.

My golden rule is: Observe. Report as soon as possible. And analyze the
data afterwards.

Doing something, like reporting reception is always better than reporting
nothing - report fast and someone else might get it and the benefit of
hearing it.

The bottom line: Involve as many DXers as possible. By spending too much
time obsessing over one channel when
an opening may be 5 minutes long does not serve the community.

My opinion of course.

73,

--
Colin Newell - Editor and creator *of *Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> and DXer.ca <http://www.DXer.ca> -