Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 9-20

Sunrise enhancement at my location usually seems to mean a time shortly before sunrise, followed by a rapid fade down, though occasionally signals remain after sunrise for a short while, usually somewhat weaker from before, but with less and less domestic interference. There are exceptions, 954 and 1242 Japanese can rise up in strength as sunrise approaches for example.

It's not always clear how much of the enhancement is due to improved signal to noise for the overseas signals as domestics fade down, but the improvement in actual signal strength of the DX seems real, per a number of measurements over the years.

The other oddity is the frequent pre-sunrise enhancement of Asians followed by a later enhancement for DU stations, sometimes crossing into actual daylight.

Then there are the actual post-sunrise enhancements which are a genuine oddity, but do occur, even away from the coast. Quite a few years ago JOAK-594 faded back in quite strongly over an hour after local sunrise, if I remember correctly. It's somewhere in my notes....a pretty rare occasion though.

best wishes,

Nick