[IRCA] Nice Visit

Had a very nice visit with fellow dxer Mike Hawkins tonight.  Eventually
we ended up on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean.  Mike has a dandy
Grundig Portable + a top notch car radio.  We noted noise free reception
(except for slop from locals)....Someone was playing old rock music
without announcements on 850, at times totally atop KOA.  Assumed it was
the Baja station.  Most lower frequencies were alive with action.  I was
not used to hearing this as my lower end at home is covered by a buzz
when aiming toward Asia.  Our best ID was at 10:30 when we got a loud
KENI covering 650 with several clear IDs.  We had heard 2 Coast to Coast
stations but assumed the loud one to be KSTE. Nope it was KENI.

Later at my place I had KENI in as well, atop the nasty buzz for good
IDs at 11:00 & 11:06.  Looks like a good night.

don kaskey   san francisco ca