Re: [IRCA] Little Story about 1480 KVNR Santa Ana

Re: [IRCA] Little Story about 1480 KVNR Santa Ana

I hadn't really paid much attention to KVNR's call and it's location, but as
a kid I used to listen to them alot.  I also remember my mom calling into
the station and I'd hear her over-the-air. No, she wasn't speaking in
Vietnamese, hi. As a matter of fact, this station taught me what "A Hard
Days' Night" is all about.  I believe KWIZ's office was on 1st. street, but
the interesting point is, I always remember that they had a studio in the
main drag of the Disneyland Hotel.  Any of the "probably" millions of
tourists could watch the "DJ's" at work behind the glass. KWIZ had a classic
quick singing ID also. It would go -  KW "pop" IZ.  Sometime after that, 710
KMPC started carrying Angels baseball (probably right when they moved to
Anaheim, duh) so therefore, thanks to my mom who had the radio on at all
times of the day (and still doe's)  I got to continue growing up with likes
of Gary Owens, Wink Martindale, Robert W. Morgan, Geoff Edwards, etc.etc.,
right on up to when I started DXing.
73- Doug