Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] 1610 Tester this morning

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] 1610 Tester this morning

         At 1550 ELT, carrier detected on both
1610.0 and 1610.7 kHz, but weak to fair. Tried
several times after local sunset, but nothing.

         The FCC Files reflect the following stations (North America) on 1610:

CFOS       AM 1610 kHz ND1  Daytime         C C
-    COLLINGWOOD              ON
CA       ---                1.0   kW

CFOS       AM 1610 kHz ND1  Nighttime       C C
-    COLLINGWOOD              ON
CA       ---                1.0   kW

NEW        AM 1610 kHz ND1  Daytime         C C
-    MONTREAL                 QC
CA       ---                1.0   kW

NEW        AM 1610 kHz ND1  Nighttime       C C
-    MONTREAL                 QC
CA       ---                1.0   kW

NEW        AM 1610 kHz ND1  Daytime         C C
-    TORONTO                  ON
CA       ---                1.0   kW

NEW        AM 1610 kHz ND1  Nighttime       C C
-    TORONTO                  ON
CA       ---                1.0   kW

CHHA       AM 1610 kHz ND1  Daytime         C C
-    TORONTO                  ON
CA       ---                1.0   kW

CHHA       AM 1610 kHz ND1  Nighttime       C C
-    TORONTO                  ON
CA       ---                1.0   kW

         Depending on the power and propagation,
400w at night is feasible....daytime, I'm not so
certain. The reference which I made yesterday

      "This is a shot in the dark, but what about
an experimental station working on antenna
designs for Homeland Security? Go to the below
link and for call sign, enter  WC2XKX

http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/reports/index.cfm";

may still be possible: if you're trying to find
an optimum antenna/coverage for the federal
government, FCC rules mean nothing. Trust me on
this one. Meanwhile, lets keep the DFs coming.

Mike Hardester
Jacksonville, NC. (34.47 N ? 77.23 W)
ICOM R-70 - 2 x 75 foot (23 meter) random wires
Quantum Phaser and Patience