From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of W. Curt Deegan
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 3:51 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America; DXFlorida@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [IRCA] 1610 signal

>From what I've seen posted, this thing has been heard from north Florida to Illinois during daytime.  I would agree it doesn't sound like 400 W.

I'd have to question that everybody is even hearing the same station.  Are there any other 1600s stations that span that kind of distance?

Not heard here, but I wasn't watching email until this afternoon.  Currently I'm distracted by the Pirate on 1620, love that nostalgia.

Curt

W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (Southeast) Florida

Powell E. Way III W4OPW wrote:

--- chris and anne <tantwo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This signal loud this AM....faded to a residual
around 7:45 EST....remnants continued 'til 8:55 EST
when it disappeared abruptly.  Looped NE/SW......I
wouldn't think Kintronics , based on
bearings.....We'll be listening off and on all
day....      Chris    K4CME   nr. Greenville , S.C.>

I doubt if it is Kintronics because for the distant
reports and signal strength it sounds like high power
and not 400 watts.

Powell

w4opw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NNNN!