From: "Bruce Portzer" <bportzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
<irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 11:37 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Alaska from the midwest?

Steve

KENI-650's pattern protects WSM, so it might be a bit tough to hear in
the midwest.

KBBI-890 is a possibility if you could phase out WLS (good luck!).  It
and KTKN-930 are the two Alaskans I hear most often.  KBBI is non
commercial/NPR .   It has lots of jazz and blues during the wee hours,
so the programming is somewhat distinctive.  I'm not sure what you would
hear on a western beverage if you could get rid of WLS, but CJDC would
be both a good propagation indicator and a source of interference.

Bruce

Stephen Hawkins wrote:

IRCA,

What are my best chances for Alaska from Iowa.  I seem to have a strong
regular on many of the frequencies.

650 = WSM Nashville
750 = WSB Atlanta
1080 = KRLD Dallas

My loop is too big, 8-) or my radio/computer room is too small, so I can't
set
it up in here without wacking my Wife with it when ever she is sitting at
her
computer, and blocking access to my book case.  My garage is HUGE and has
very large work bench.  I may have to put the loop up out there and use
some
other receiver.  Inside I normally use my Ham Radio, which is a Kenwood
950
because it has so many features to change the bandwidth and clean up the
signal.  I'll have to think about the best way to set up a second
listening
post out there.

Anyone who has heard Alaska from the midwest, I would appriciate any tips
or
thoughts you have.

Thanks,
Steve