Re: [IRCA] Antenna connections sealants

Thanks to all of the suggestions.  I understand about keeping
moisture out and your suggestions will work.

My main concern is about the connections themselves.  Is there
something that could be placed directly on the connections themselves
to act as the last barrier against moisture?  I am wondering because
in performing PM on my antenna system, I had to re-seat all of the
banana plugs, coax connectors, etc because the slight surface
corrosion had coated the metal with a non-conductive layer.  In the
past, I have used vaseline to coat the surfaces, and that seems to
work for a while, but it seems to evaporate (or disappears) after a
while. Is there something better that could be put on the surfaces?

Bill Harms
Elkridge, Maryland