Re: [IRCA] propagation monitoring

At 04:37 26/10/2005, you wrote:
>It would be interesting to see your sig level traces in DXM. DXing
>multiple signals at once is an unexplored area of DXing AFAIK, aside
>from the work you are doing (are there others?)  and the idea of whether
>the dawn enhancement shows frequency selectivity through time is just
>one area I could think of that has not been well looked at on the
>Europe-ECNA path.

I'll see what I can do about illustrating the two or three nights that 1314
was in well here, Bob.

  I don't know of anybody else doing specifically my sort of recording at
the moment, especially in North America,  and particularly over the long
term.  A number of Europeans use Spectrum Lab and (mostly?) AR7030s to
derive evidence of very weak carriers, slightly off channel, from different
parts of the world, and Christoph Mayer in Germany uses an AR7030 and a "DX
Radar" program of his own creation.  Details in a past technical
column.  Finally Bill Whitacre described a commercial system in a
submission to <IRCA> on 22 September.

As for dawn enhancement being frequency selective...it certainly often
appears to be at present.  Lower frequency signals as evidenced by JOAK-594
can often peak overnight, and may have a smaller post sunrise peak, while
the higher frequency one I look at (HLAZ 1566) is somewhat more likely to
have a peak.

best wishes,

Nick