Re: [IRCA] conditions for Oct 25

Bob Foxworth wrote:

> Nick, your closing-the-door comment is pretty interesting to me. Last
> night (evening of the 24th) I was listening (here in Tampa FL) and at
> about 0200 I discovered 1314 Norway coming in well enough to be
> heard on
> a barefoot DX398 inside the house, first noted by the audible 1310
> het.
>
> However I was listening at that time (0243) and did notice that
> everything seemed to be gone after that approximate time.

It ties in very well with what happened here. I went from readable
audio at 0239 to not even a carrier two minutes later or thereafter.
A bi-coastal phenomenon, no less, and certainly the first time Foxy
and I have ever been tuned to the same station at the same time!
Arbitron had its chance...

There's a good question - has a rating service ever called you when
you were listening to something truly exotic, or if not, have you
ever filled out a listener survey reflecting that?

Pete Taylor
Tacoma, WA (12225w 4719n if you must know)
ICF2010 + Kiwa air core loop