[IRCA] DX Conditions 10/20

Greetings,

A very good morning here on the coast. It started out just "ok", but a
lot of hets on about every frequency it seemed early on. At 1359 UTC, I
landed on 549 kHz and heard these beautiful chimes to 6 time pips to
1400. I thought the time pips were the same as Vietnam 675, that I have
heard several times this season,  and the music continued after 1400,
but faded into the muck. I moved along and tried back several times, but
the audio did not surface well enough until about the 4th try at 1435
with a woman in Vietnamese was there. Quite decent as times with soft
music. I went up to 675 briefly to check the language and yes,. both
were Vietnamese, but 675 is a lot different with news and talk Network
1. Network 2 is  their Cultural and Economic frequency. It faded once
again at about 1440. Not a bad signal at all while it lasted. I tried at
1500 for an ID, but no luck. Thailand was there on 891 & 1575. Some odd
language around 1430 on 792 that sounded more South Asian, rather than
an oriental language, but too weak to tell too much. Only one Filipino
heard on 558, probably DZXL in passing. No Thai(?) noted on 531 as far
as I could tell, but there was such a pile up on there I could not hear
much except peaks of JOQG at times in passing.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR