Re: [IRCA] Nightly DX report plus a question

Re: [IRCA] Nightly DX report plus a question

BINGO!  I checked the OPB web site, which said BBC programming ended at 0100, but followed the link to BBC World Service, which said KAGI ran BBC Sports from 0345-0400, then BBC News.  I never woulda thunk it!  Thanks!

The weirdest thing about catching Alaska is that I had only heard them four times since 1968...twice extremely poorly (KYAK/650 and KFQD/750), then a 90-minute booming broadcast from KCBF/820 when they were a rocker, and finally a lengthy but poor reception of KBBI/890, which they verified by email after I ended up in a dialog with the chief engineer.  KCBF was the last true reception report I sent, because the best report of my life didn't get me a verification.  That was my entire history of hearing Alaska until I moved back over to Campbell.  I have heard KENI almost nightly since coming back.  I'm sure that once it stops, I'll go through another 10-20 year drought.

Mike

Doug Pifer - KE6GMM <oregon4wd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike,
I need KENI Mike!!! hi.  Maybe I'll have to get out my S-350 and head out to the corner of my property-which by the way, is the goat pen, hi.  Nice round of catches this morning.  Your 930 unid...may be KAGI Grants Pass, OR ?? They were Jefferson Public Radio (JPR) last time I checked, but I'm nor sure of their programming. PBS/OPB I think runs BBC news. Nothing else I have would make sense.
73- Doug