Re: [IRCA] TP audio this AM / Blaupundt Casablanca

Re: [IRCA] TP audio this AM / Blaupundt Casablanca

What you say about the Bremen and arrays makes me drool, BUT I recently bought a Casablanca because of (1) affordability; (2) all the good press, and (3) because it IS a Digiciever.  Its definitely DSP, and I picked it up for less than $200.  Someone mentioned installation costs in a earlier message.  Best Buy installed mine (I did not buy it there).  They charged $50 AND I have it in writing that they will reinstall the original one free if I ever decide to sell the car.

Mike Hawkins

Craig Healy <bubba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK, this is twice now in the last 24 hrs. that I've heard Blaupundt
> Casablanca mentioned! We're you guys holding out on me? hi. Sounds like
> really good/ better than most radio.

Some time back I bought a Blaupunkt Bremen MP74. It was bought primarily
for FM DX and it's superb. However, the AM section is also very good and
has the USA/EUR switch for 10 or 9kHz steps. Additionally, it does LW and
the 49m SW band. The Bremen is of the TwinCeiver design. There are two
identical digital receivers and it works as a directional array with two
antennas on FM. AM only seems to use antenna 1 no matter the settings.

I also have a slightly older Blaupunkt San Francisco which is the
equivalent, DX-wise.

The Casablanca is an analog radio, AFAIK, and doesn't have the DSP receiver.
I do not know how they would work in a side-by-side comparison.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI