Re: [IRCA] Alaskans/EWE Antenna plans

Chuck,

I realize the difference between the EWE and a beverage as I have both.
hi. But I cannot run a beverage at 300-330 degrees here. I just don't
have enough room. The 2500 foot one I had at 355 was not all that great
except for Whitehorse, and SE Alaska. Even shortened to 800 and then to
400 feet, it was that great. It did get TAs though.  My EWE in reality
has done better on Alaska than my other wires and it doesn't even point
that way. There might be a lobe to Anchorage (324 degrees) but it would
not amount to much as the main lobe of the EWE is at 240 degrees. I
fiqured another EWE at 300 might do the trick, as phasing the two
together or the vertical with the Lobe to the N/NE. At the moment, I
really don't have anything aimed at Alaska. The Vertical does well to
the North/NE and even got audio on 1314. So it does well in that
direction.  I want to add 60 more radials out for the vertical so I have
100 running NW-NE.
   I have no idea how well a 40-60 foot EWE will do anyway (to the NW)
as I have never tried one that short. I can run another 100-150 foot one
with a lobe to the West (270 or so degrees), but that is still off for
Alaska.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin