[IRCA] Speaking of IBOC.....

Speaking of IBOC, I noticed that for the past week WIP here in Philly has
had their IBOC turned off.  The date they turned it off seemed to coincide
with the date that WPEN changed format to all Sports.  I wonder?
Obviously, WIP sounds much better in analog with the IBOC off -- much better
bandwidth, fuller sounding, no background hiss on the main channel, etc.
WPEN, on the other hand, is running their IBOC with the new format.  This is
purely speculation on my part, but could it be a programming decision to
dump the IBOC on WIP to make the station sound more competitive?  Obviously,
there is no way of knowing without comment from the station; but, it does
seem an interesting coincidence.

73,
Rene'