[IRCA] Attention So Cal listeners

Early this morning, 10/14/05, from 0015-0100+ PDT I found a EZL/NOS
formatted station bouncing in/out on 1340 kHz.  All IDs were limited to
'1340 AM'.  At 0051 they were doing weather 'for the valley' where the
highs were forecast in the 80s & 90s.  At 0053 they were doing several
promos & PSAs & I could have sworn I heard Palm Springs mentioned
several times but the QRM was extremely heavy.  At 0100 I heard IDs from
KTPI & KIST but there must have been 5 or 6 stations interchanging.

Question(s).....Has KTPI changed format to EZL/NOS from c&w?   If not
did I have long sought, most elusive, one of my 5 most wanted stations,
in KWXY Cathedral City?  Too bad I was wiped out or I would have stayed
with this.  I ask about KTPI because I noted no c&w music during the
time listened.

Any helpful comments & opinions are welcome......

don kaskey san francisco ca