[IRCA] Quantum Loop

Paul,

I have owned two Quantums, one a used one I bought from someone on the NRC list and the other a new QX Pro. I sold the first one but still regularly use the QX Pro on both MW and LW. I am very happy with it. I also own a Kiwa I bought used on ebay. In my judgment the QX Pro is a great loop; I've used it with both the Sony ICF-2010 and Drake R8B. The QX Pro is not as selective as the Kiwa (which is very selective) but it pulls in more signal. I also like that it goes down into the LW spectrum. The Kiwa is far more selective and I can DX channels adjacent to strong locals more effectively with it, but it sometimes doesn't pull in enough signal and it doesn't cover LW.

Dave
Highland Park, NJ

Paul wrote:  I don't want to open a can of worms, but can I get
opinions on the Quantum loop and the SUPER Select-a-tenna? I,
foolishly, sold my Kiwa loop years ago.

*** I have no knowledge of the Super Selec-a-tenna so therefore cannot
render an opinion of it.  I do highly recommend any of the Quantum
products for the following reasons: 1.) My Quantum Loop receives
excellent DX and works  as well now as it did when it was new 10 years
ago.  2.) Quantum products are built by a MW DXer, Gerry Thomas in
Pensacola, FL.  3.) Gerry stands behind his products 100%.

Marc DeLorenzo
So. Dennis, MA ***
begin:vcard
fn:David Hochfelder
n:Hochfelder;David
org:Rutgers University;Thomas A. Edison Papers
adr;dom:;;44 Road 3;Piscataway;NJ;08854-8049
email;internet:david.hochfelder@xxxxxxxxxxx
title:Assistant Editor and Assistant Research Professor
tel;work:732-445-8511
tel;fax:732-445-8512
tel;cell:848-391-9103
url:http://edison.rutgers.edu