[IRCA] DX Conditions 10/13 or CHINA CHINA CHINA

[IRCA] DX Conditions 10/13 or CHINA CHINA CHINA

Greetings,

Well after yesterday when I gave up and went back to bed, this morning
was a lot different. When I first got up at 1330, I was not impressed,
but as it got closer to 1400, the dial became alive with Chinese
stations on about every frequency on the lower part of the dial. The
ones from Northern China were the best, like the Beijing News station on
1026 (50 KW) was beautiful around 1400. 603 was good, Shandong 918,
Huhei 936, CRI 945, CRI 963, CNR 981, and on and on. Most were
unnneeded, but something else to hear wall to wall Chinese once again.
1008 was interesting with such a pile up of Asian stations. I believe
the one on top to be Taiwanese, but there were a lot of others too. Then
around 1450 I heard Taiwanese on 1161 with beautiful CC Pop mx. Great
stuff, I believe this to be my old friend, the BCC station I heard a lot
in the 80s. This was one of those "You are glad you live at the coast"
sort of mornings. There were so many Chinese stations across the dial, I
did not know where to start. I thought I had moved to Guam or somewhere.
It gets overwheming to say the least. A few JJ & KKs were there, but it
was mostly CC. Vietnam was there on 675 but rather poor. One Filipino on
1062 was quite good near 1445, I presume to be DZEC, Metro Manila. This
is a morning to remember. I just wish it would have gone on forever. Now
to listen back to the cassette, to dub off some reports onto CD. Wow!
What a morning.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin