Re: [IRCA] HLAZ to the NE USA

At 05:52 10/10/2005, you wrote:
Craig

South Korea - HLAZ-1566 is a powerhouse for us and is sometimes reported by British DXers.  They have a several-tower DA, and use duifferent patterns for different target audiences.  We can sure tell the difference when they're pointing towards us vs away from us.  They're listed as Korean 1900-1100 UTC, I think their lobe would point roughly due north during that period, though I'm not 100% sure.

Not sure what pattern they use for the Korean broadcasts, but it would make sense it's the northerly one, 350 degrees -3dB down at +/- 40 degrees or so (based on a diagram sent from their engineering department some years ago).  You likely don't want the Chinese broadcast from 1100 to 1230UT (and 1345 to 1630, but local sunrise kills that I would think) , 265 degrees, 3 dB down +/- 30 degrees.  Japanese from 1230 to 1345 UT is beamed 80 degrees +/- 30.

Good luck.

best wishes,

Nick