Re: [IRCA] Excellent cx to the north/ India over the pole

Re: [IRCA] Excellent cx to the north/ India over the pole

Patrick,

You said:
>John and I discussion the reception between my QTH and
>India/Nepal/Bangladesh and the thought of the signal not going over the
>pole, but "bending" rather than a direct over pole situation. The AU
>would not play into the situation as much. At the time there was quite
>the discussion on the subject.

When a few Ham Radio Ops, got the first Yagi/Uda antennas for 80M, and
directional antennas for 160M, several have noticed, and documented, what they
call "skew path", that sounds a lot like the "bending" you speak of.

For more info on this do a "google" search on "skew path".

Steve
--

--
73 49 111 01001001