Re: [IRCA] Excellent cx to the north

--- Chuck Hutton <charlesh3@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> My recollection is that the station was Urumqi China when they were
> on 1525,
> but that was a long, long time ago and those memories are shrouded in
> fog
> and wrapped in some cloudiness too.

*** That's correct. Many of us in the NE US heard it frequently. In
fact I can recall taking my RS 12-655 TRF outside of my apartment and
still having a readable signal from it. There were also times when
Asiatic Russia was audible. Without maps handy, I wouldn't speculate
now whether that might have been grayline reception or not, nor exactly
how close to the North Pole the path was....

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20ID