Re: [IRCA] A new radio

> Thanks for the report. So again, it does not sound that IBOC cannot be
> DXed. It reminds me of HDTV, a friend has that in LA. One weaker UHF he
> cannot receive the HD station, but he can get the analog fine.

I am working with external tuners with some success.  It allows me to use
the full gain of the radio and no attenuator.  But, I have not been able to
coax WOR into decoding.  Full quieting local-like signal but no digital.
It's getting near sunset, and I can hear the skip beginning.  We shall see.

I am more than a bit surprised about the high signal required to decode.
Doesn't bode well for the medium.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI