Re: [IRCA] CJRN ??

> At 1900 ELT today on 710 under WOR  I had accented tlk then
> what sounded mideastern music.  A few minutes later I
> had CJRN as usual.  Does CJRN do anything but tourist or
> could this have been something else ?

During the month of Ramadan, there is a special program on CJRN at local
sunset consisting of prayers, Koran readings and Arabic chanting.  It's been
aired on CJRN for the past few years during Ramadan, presumably directed to
the large Muslim community in the Toronto area, rather than, say, an
al-Qaeda sleeper cell in greater Buffalo!

Today is a Jewish/Islam/Hindu triple convergence: Rosh Hashana, Ramadan, and
Navratri (nine nights devoted to worship of the Hindu goddesses Durga,
Lakshmi and Saraswati)
http://archives.amritapuri.org/bharat/festival/navaratri.php

73

Mike Brooker