[IRCA] DX Conditions 10/2

Greetings:

A very good morning with a pipeline into China. Chinese all over the
band and some very strong. I was almost going to give up and disconnect
the antennas because I heard a pretty good clap of thunder, but it did
not last. We have had t storms over the ocean here the last couple of
days but not overhead thankfully. Except for the very occasional static
crah from distant thunder, it was not an issue.
   China on 918 had a beauful signal! One of the first I had noticed as
I had left the radio on 900 kHz as I was listening to KNUI Hawaii before
I went to bed last night. Anhui China 936 was also quite good. Their
distinctive EE/CC News at 1400, you can't mistake. One other thing about
918 khz, the CC, there was another station behind them in an Unid
language. It wasn't CC,KK,JJ, Cambodia? But the cx were not that
Southerly this morning, so I don't have a clue. There might have been
traces of Bangkok on 891 though, but 891 was basically a jumble.
   I don't think I heard one DU this morning, which is odd as 4QR-612 or
4BC-1116 will show up even on a poor DU morning.
   Also no Filipinos I could tell, except at 1420 UTC 10/2, a man with a
US Rel pgm in EE on 1125 khz. It was an 1 hour rel pgm with the minister
reading from the Bible. Checked again at 1432 and the same. A bit early
in the Fall to get the signal to 1500 as yet, so heres hoping the
station with stick around for another couple weeks. The only thing I can
find that fits is an FEBC station in Legaspi City, Philippines.
    Another thing was, no Taiwan on 1557, HLAZ 1566 or VOA 1575 noted.
The signals dropped off before I got up there.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR