Re: [IRCA] Air America update

Patrick,

Air America does do well in areas that are less conservative in nature.  It is the only "organized" effort in broadcasting to have an alternative view.  KSAC/1240 seems to be a station that has been aimlessly drifting since they abandoned their KROY heyday in the 60s and 70s.  I think that showed more recently by dividing their personality between "Talk City" and Air America.  If you're gonna do something, you gotta commit to do it and to do it right, otherwise the end results show the true intentions.  I think they were just doing more testing the waters.  I kinda feel the same way about KCTC, their successor.  The only difference is that they have been doing what they're currently doing for much longer, but they are still abandoning it for something else.  Who knows...

Mike Hawkins

Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike,

620 Portland and 1090 Seattle are doing well with Air America. I believe
KPOJ was one of the first. Their old ratings were doing nothing and the
change did boost them up.We have quite a few Air America ones in the NW,
990-Albany, 1600-Eugene are two more.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin