Re: [IRCA] Verifications, etc.

Jim,

My DXing got me an "A" in a class one time. I decided to do a paper
(theme) on something different, The Czars of Russia. So I wrote Radio
Moscow and mentioned what I was doing and Eugena Stephinova (spelling?)
typed me this huge letter 8.5 by 14 on the history of Russia pre 1917.
The letter went on for several pages. It was beautiful. I did my theme
and the teacher was so surprised she gave me an A. I turned in the Radio
Moscow letter and she commented on it in front of the whole class. I
must have been in the 7th or 8th grade as I remember.
   DXing has always been a major factor in my life, from the time I
discovered it at about 13. Yes, I have waited standing my one foot and
the another for the QSL in the mail. I remember going to the Post office
in the Summer of 1979 and getting 7 QSLs in one day. 4 from Australia
and 3 from New Zealand. All MW. I remember one was this beautiful color
card from 2GB Sydney, of the huge gold letters of 2GB over looking a
sunset. I still get excited over that QSL.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR