Re: [IRCA] Verifications

David,

This has always been an issue with QSLing. Yes, the station never has
had to reply anyone anymore than anyone has to reply to any letter. For
years, I would see reports for KSWB Seaside and even a couple in recent
times for KAVT that are made up. Not just a mistake. Anyone can make a
mistake, but these are out and out made up. I never reply to any of
those. But rudeness has had an effect on QSLing. There is no doubt about
that. I have heard from several CEs I know about the attitude of some
(so called) DXers that are rude and a demand a QSL, or badmouth some
station of group owner. This is bad PR period. Stations help the DXer
out a lot, not only in QSLing, station tours, speakers at conventions. I
have had pretty good luck in the 40+ years I had been QSLing, but I am
never been rude and I try to "bribe" the station more than anything. hi.
But you know, I get so many replies from stations saying thanks for the
goodies or the tape or CD. Great to hear from that area. I think I will
plan my vacation to the OR coast, or in some cases I get a call from
someone who owns or works at the station when they visit the area. "PR"
is "VERY" important in QSLing. The old adage is so true "You get more
bees with honey than with vinigar"
I remember last month when a couple of us stopped in at KSPA in LA while
at the IRCA convention to get a QSL. The Business Manager was so nice
and friendly. That station had not answered our reports. But we got our
QSL and it was a very enjoyable experience.
Again "PR" is where a lot of it lands.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin