Re: [IRCA] KGGF Coffeyville, Kansas

I feel the sam way. If a station requests listener reports, then they should
send you something. However, if a listener just writes in, perhaps the
station can just sit on the letter or write when they get the chance. I know
the engineers at stations I have worked for in the past have responded to
reports, but then again, I never worked at some powerhouse, so reports
weren't that common. I would respond if I owned s station. I was hoping I
would win the Mega-Millions the other day and buy a station somewhere. =0

Bert,

I feel a bit differently on QSLs from DX Tests. I fiqure that any
station can at least write "confirmed" or "verified" on a report and
mail it back in a SASE supplied. I can understand that people in radio
are busy. Everyone is busy in business today. During the tourist season
around here I run my legs off from morning to night most of the time.
But yet, I do take time to answer QSL requests for KAVT. It does not
take that long. My take on it,  is that the station personal are not
interested in replying to reports. Infact I have been told that on
occasion. Some stations only answer e mail requests. That is fine with
me. I'll take a QSL any way I can get it. ppc, e mail, fax, I don't
care. Maybe we need a QSL bureau like the Hams have? QSLing KAVT, I
enjoy it. It is interesting to hear a cassette or CD of the signal from
Finland or Germany. Some of the signal reports are very good too. I just
feel the station just does not have an interest in answering. There have
always been those stations, even in the 60s. I got more than one from my
DXing in AK, that the station said they don't answer QSL requests, but
since this was the first from AK, they would reply. Some stations I feel
don't really know what you want either. I found that out in visiting
KSPA in CA last month. The business manager did not know what we wanted
and we told him and he was happy with our request. But on stations that
will run the DX Test, maybe we should set something up to handle QSL
requests  if the station doesn't want to.
Any other thoughts?

Patrick
(An avid QSLer)

Patrick Martin