Re: [IRCA] propagation monitoring

At 14:46 18/09/2005, you wrote:

>For frequency management -- mostly shortwave -- at IBB we use
>'bandscans' produced by remote monitoring systems [RMS] located in ~
>65 locations worldwide.
>
>We CAN do MW/AM bandscans and one I did awhile back to show what IBOC
>'looks' like compared with a traditional DSB AM station can be viewed
>here:
>
><http://shortwaveradio.org/> [the top graph]
>
>While we're usually interested in a RANGE of frequencies in a given
>band, we can specify the begin and end frequency to be the same and
>effectively get a chronological 'strip chart' of a single freq.
>
>You can learn more about the RMS network and how we use it here:
>
><http://monitor.ibb.gov/rms/>
>
>If anybody has ideas on how to use it for MW/AM 'research' that would
>benefit the whole hobby, I have no problem scripting in some useful
>stuff.

Bill, this sounds fascinating....sounds similar to what I'm doing, but
looks like a true spectrum analysis rather than monitoring point
frequencies.  I've only just skimmed the site, but is there an explanation
of how the monitoring is done, or is it proprietary?   Is the same receiver
used at all sites?

best wishes,

Nick