Re: [IRCA] MW-IBOC carrier power/ IBOC noise blanker?

Re: [IRCA] MW-IBOC carrier power/ IBOC noise blanker?

Tom,

I did not know that. The noise blankers work along those lines in
cancelling the noise. If the subject is studied, there probably is a
loop hole, but of course it comes down to cost. If you could develop a
method to get rid of the IBOC hash, at what cost? Many DXers do have
enough money and are died in the wool enough to spend the money needed.
With all of the digital work in the TenTec 340, there might be some
module that could be built to deal with IBOC too. Of course the 340 runs
$4,000. But as much as a died in the wool dxer as I am "if" there was a
method to get rid of the noise, taking for granted we will be stuck with
IBOC, I sure would buy into it. If I had to save my pennies for a year
or more to buy such a unit. But time will tell. Now that is a great
idea. One of our engineers could develop a noise blanker to deal with
IBOC and get rich. Any takers?

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin