[IRCA] First-adjacant Class As and IBOC

Some even better examples than WCBS/WLS are WABC/WJR, WWVA/WHAM, WBAL/WTIC,
and although only one of this pair is a Class A. KYW/WEPN. No need to wait
for nighttime IBOC to be authorized for the last pair to raise heck with
each other; they can create all the necessary havoc during daylight hours.
Up here, we have a second-adjacent pair (both Class Bs) ready to ruin
everything for each other WCRN/WEEI. Both 50 kW, only 36 miles apart, and
WCRN is directional somewhat toward WEEI. Oh, and then there is LA/San
Diego/Tijuana with KNX/XEPRS/KSPN/KSDO--and all that salt water as well as
KSPN/XETRA, and KFMB/KBRT. KNX probably doesn't interfere with XEPRS within
Mexico but if XEPRS ran IBOC, it sure would interfere with KNX over US
territory. Also if XETRA ran IBOC, it would interfere with KSPN over US
territory. And, returning East, we shouldn't forget KDKA/CFRB. Remember that
CFRB is a Class A, but it's an atypical one because I think WINS interferes
well inside CFRB's 0.5 mV/m 50% skywave contour. So it's hard to tell
whether KYW would make CFRB's situation any worse within Canadian borders
(although I think it would). This list could go on and on and on, however.

Heck, WBZ's daytime skywave has been reported interfering with KDKA within
the Pittsburgh city limits! I can't vouch for the truth of this report, but
it's certainly believable.

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@xxxxxxx
eFax 707-215-6367