Re: [IRCA] E-Mail Lists & The Future of the Hobby

Re: [IRCA] E-Mail Lists & The Future of the Hobby

Kevin,

You probably aren't too far off in your prediction. All this hoopla
about IBOC will not be an issue in the future. I think we might see a
real "heyday" in the future, if the noise levels don't get too high, the
ending of AM radio in the US. The band will be open for more distant DX
like it was in the past. Some others have forecasted that too. I will be
57 in March, so I might live to see this all play out. It is already
happening in TV. Satellite TV is now and more and more have moved to it.
Cable is digital too. You really can't DX satellite as the signal is
always there. But it is fun to hear and see stuff from all over the
World. With no fading or noise. Like I get FM 94 from Bangkok 24/7 like
I was in Bangkok. That was not possible in the past. Plus you have
internet radio. But you have to have a good internet connection for that
to work well.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR