[IRCA] Katrina Information

The past few days has had me monitoring either the Amateur Radio emergency nets on HF, as well as WWL 870 and WSB 750. WWL was back on the air; I tuned in this morning (8/31) around 0530 ELT; the station was airing phone calls from people in affected areas. WSB also does a decent job, especially since they have a full-time meteorologist, Kirk Melhuish (pronounced Mellish).

I am monitoring 3875 kHz; other frequencies to check out include 3883, 3888, 7285 and 7290 kHz. The SATERN network, operated by the Salvation Army, was also running on 14265 kHz; the WX4NHC net on 14325 kHz stood down on Tuesday (8/30).

73, Eric (N0UIH)