Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 12:55 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] EWE Antenna

Thomas,

The salt water ground being so close to the ocean seems to enhance the
reception here. I tried a K9AY and was not impressed with it. The better
the grounding, the better the EWE works. Living a mile from the ocean,
the salt air gets into everything. I have used the EWE since 1981 and I
have never found anything I like better.  At least so far.
This antenna has brought me DX from 50 watt Japanese Lighthouse
stations, 100 watt Aussies, Nepal, India, Bangladesh, and Tibet. It has
been an amazing antenna for me.  I may try a Pennant in time, but I
would be surprised if anything would rival what I have used.
By the way the EWE is a bit bigger than normal too. It is 20X100X20 or
there abouts.
73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin