Re: [IRCA] High Noon Effect

> At 04:13 27/07/2005, you wrote:
>

> >This effect, or, what I believe is the same effect, was mentioned
> >some years ago, I would guess about 10++ years ago, in what I
> >recall was the IRCA bulletin, where a Hawaii DXer, during the
> >summer, at his local high noon, would receive signals from
> >several distant stations on MW.
>

> Sorry, Bob, checked my DX Monitors from November 1994 (as far back as
they
> go) to August 1996, but couldn't find this.  Chuck, unfortunately,
can't
> help us.  Patrick M., do you remember anything?  A trip to Hawaii to
check
> this possibility out is obviously in order...
>
> Still there were some interesting things in those old bulletins; kept
> getting distracted.
>
> best wishes,
>
> Nick

Nick, this would have been nothing more than a Forum report, and
not a tech article with its own index listing on the cover. If
you scanned every Forum report then you are a true Man of Science.

The entire report likely took up somewhat less space,
then, than we have given it here now. The unix command "wc -l"
[word count, as lines] would be handy here.

The posting from Patrick seems to verify my recollections.

I vote for the Hawaii trip, preferably the Kona area with the
horizon blockage to the east. Get someone like the
MacArthur Foundation to pony up some research $$. (sure)

I would bet that if "recognized science" has ever looked at
this, it has never been published.

- Bob