Re: [IRCA] DX Tip for WDXR

Craig,

I have a 45 foot vertical (wire) going up a Spruce tree behind my house.
The radials are #16 rubber coated wire running to the NW/N/NE. I have
none in other directions. Since the vertical is so short compared to 1/4
wavelength for MW, I think the 10-15 foot verticals work so well. They
run out 1/4-1/3 of the vertical length. Since they do run through some
backberry brambles, I kind of have them equally space as well as I can.
I do find if I move them more in one direction than another it does
affect the pattern somewhat.  I am going to bury them. I have only
buried a couple so far. I have 30 now. . They are on top of the ground
at the moment. But I wanted to see how well they would work. I may put
in more too.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin