Re: [IRCA] DX Tip for WDXR

Hi Patrick,

Nice catch. You have re-piqued my interest in a
vertical antenna. I tried one a while back, but I
don't think I sited it optimally and was not impressed
with it's performance. I tried the expedient approach
( a conveniently located Ponderosa pine tree) which
didn't leave me enough radial options. Speaking of
radials, how many do you use? Are they fanned out
equally in all directions, or are the radials oriented
with a directional bias? Perhaps a new vertical
antenna will help with my typical mid-summer antenna
fever, Hi!

73

Craig