[IRCA] WQAM 560 IBOC off.

What I started yesterday -- and got sidetracked by the beeping on 1460 -- running a spectral scan on the local IBOCers, I returned to today.

Four local AM stations -- WQAM 560, WSBR 740, WHSR 980, and WWNN 1470 -- with common ownership, all were running IBOC.  All but WQAM dropped it in early June, then after a couple weeks WSBR turned it back on.  The other two have yet to resume IBOC.

Today I find WQAM 560, Miami, has turned it off.

I have been told IBOC often requires adjustment to antenna systems to properly handle the digital signal, especially directional arrays, and it would not be unusual for there to be tuning periods where IBOC was off then returned.

I'll watch this one to see if it returns like WSBR -- which has remained on, much to my dismay since it is the most local of them all --  or stays off like WHSR and WWNN (which is the one I was scanning when I heard the beeps).

W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (Southeast) Florida
[Ten-Tec RX320-DCE, LF Engineering H-800, GAP DSP]