[IRCA] 990/1010

Of minor interest to all except those living in the Bay Area............

Early this morning 7/1/05 between 0000-0100 I noted KATD-990 in
Pittsburg CA off the air completely.  Leaving the Mexciali station with
a nice signal.  Santa Barbara was NOT noted.  Rechecking at 1300 I see
KATD is back on the air but with a diminished signal.  Didn't they have
a CP or somesuch to direct their signal more toward Sacramento and away
from the Bay Area?  Up until today they've always sent a decent solid
signal into S.F. and adjoining areas.

Last night I could hear Vancouver under San Diego on 600 & Hanford
thru/over Portland on 620...meaning KFRC-610 was not slopping near as
much.  Other than that the band was pretty bleah!

OWG from SFCA