[IRCA] Re: Tip for Western US listeners...

[IRCA] Re: Tip for Western US listeners...

Mike, and the group:  I agree with you 100 %.    Back in the early days of radio -- Warner Brothers would film a movie in Hollywood, mass produce the film and send out a train or bus caravan with actors to all of the small town movie houses.  They also carried along a portable AM transmitter and set up in "any where's ville" and broadcast that they were in town and to come and see the new movie.    Radio became a tool to sell products.   It was at one time -- much - much more than that.  But with TV and cable and CNN -- radio continues to be much less than it should or could.   DXers and radio buffs keep radio alive.   And the FCC needs our input to know what direction to go.   Its a sad day when stations like KNGS-FM and KZPE and KZPO and KNAC-FM  could be good local and regional broadcasters -- but only exist on paper for the false pride of the person whos name appears on th! e FCC permit.    but if you look at the engineering -- you will see that someone had a dream and a plan to be a real station and NOT a station in a suitcase.   Mike - even if you hate the idea of Low Powered FM -- everyone should tell the FCC to get on the ball and allow local low powered  FM stations -- with regular protection status and get rid of translators that have out lived their need.   The new need is for a LOCAL radio station -- with local programming.   This can't be done -- now that the FCC must auction off all commercial radio and TV channels.   Its also time to turn TV channels 5 and 6 into FM broadcast use.    And I will now give the soap box to someone else.  Stay tuned in Mike.   MTM