[IRCA] FBI "debriefs" Chaz-man after he escapes a life of crime in the Navy

Bob Foxworth wrote:

 >So Chaz-man, if they interviewed you at length, you must have
 >some idea of what they wanted to know? Anything to do
 >with DXing? (If you can't say due to confidentiality -no problem.)
 >I think this is the really interesting thing about your story though.

 > Bob

Bob,

Thought about this little incident over the years, but only after some-
thing ELSE triggered the memory.

Since I'd done nothing (other than what any federal member does:
fritter away the taxpayers' dollars while in the Navy) I wasn't
particularly concerned. Went into the "debrief" room with an attitude
of curiosity and some relief from the boredom of reading magazines
while waiting for my flight to Indianapolis. Asked me for ID, where
I came from and where I was going. Looked inside my attaché case.

Suppose I could have cussed and fussed, but saw some humor in the
"debrief." I allowed how I judged that this was the Federal Govern-
ment's attempt to ding me once again after the Navy'd finished with
me. Since the "debriefers" were Feds, they got a big chuckle out of
my remark and so thereafter the session was relaxed and amiable.

Since military was big into drugs during the Vietnam era, grab a
young enlisted and there'd be a 30% chance he had a little some-
thing on the side stashed on or with him, especially at some gate-
ways airports where military were newly arrived back from Vietnam.
Could have been a profile thing. May have been a random search to
bring up the FBI's harassment quota.

Whatever it was, it had to be painless enough that I forgot about
it almost immediately.

Now if I'd been carrying along my Space Magnet II, there would
have AMPLE suspicion!

Charlie