[IRCA] Yes, SAH! KFNY & WGN

** U S A. A more apt callsign could hardly have been chosen for the
clear-channel-breaker in Universal City TX, allowed to encroach upon the
coverage area of WGN 720, Chicago --- KSAH. As I was trying to listen to
Extension 720, UT Feb 4 around 0400-0500, with Robert McNeil guesting due to
his new book about American English, KSAH with its mighty 890 watts kept
overriding WGN every few minutes, and most of the time put a subaudible
heterodyne of 52 beats per minute on WGN, or 0.87 Hz difference between the two
carriers. Any bets on which one be closer to 720.000? This reading may have
been skewed slightly by the fact that I was moving more or less perpendicularly
to the San Antonio-Chicago axis at one ten-millionth the speed of light.
Another SAH report under OKLAHOMA (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST 5-021)

** OKLAHOMA. I was in KFNY`s null at night on I-35 around Perry OK to the US412
junxion, and noted a subaudible heterodyne on 1640 between KFNY and some other
station, surely WTNI or WKSH, of 80 beats per minute or 1.33 Hz. So if you hear
such a beat on one of those stations, that a good clue that KFNY be underneath.
I suppose those with scopes could see the carrier separation (Glenn Hauser, OK,
UT Feb 4, DX LISTENING DIGEST)