Re: [IRCA] 1630 Pirate/ FCC ID requirements?

Re: [IRCA] 1630 Pirate/ FCC ID requirements?

Doug,

If the station is a part 15, he does not have to ID or anything if he
doesn't want do. There are no requirements on low power operations as
far as I know. But in any case, he may not have a control board or a mic
hooked up.  I didn't for a long time. I just hooked up the output of a
cassette deck to the audio input of the signal generator, adjust the
level and played around with it driving around Astoria listening to it
on the car radio. It was a blast. In those days I would put on a Tony
Bennett album and just track that. Funny something that low of power
would cover so well. Out here, it covers about a mile in each direction.
Yes, I still use it, but to monitor my adjusting of the termination out
at the EWE antenna.

73s,

Patrick

Patrick Martin