Re: [IRCA] Turks and Caicos - 530Khz

>          Just an observation on Turks & Caicos-530. They have
occasionally
> been heard here in Jacksonville (as in North Carolina), during the
daytime,
> with a fair signal....on a car radio. In nightly like the proverbial
ton of
> bricks.
>
>          I have no idea about their power, but since I rarely hear
Florida
> (620 kHz in the past) during the daytime, I have to think it's greater
than
> 50 kw.
>
>          73 de Mike
>

> Mike Hardester
> On The Road in Eastern North Carolina
> Camry Car Radio and Imbedded Antenna

Mike, I don't understand all this. If you are in Jax, up to eastern NC,
then you should  _not_  have a strong signal from 620, which is in
St. Petersburg, and has to cross a lot of land mass before
reaching you. Also Jax to Turks is a water path which helps a
lot as you know. Have I missed something?

- Bob (Tampa)