Re: [IRCA] KTHH-990, ex KRKT / WRCG / audio recorders

Re: [IRCA] KTHH-990, ex KRKT / WRCG / audio recorders

Hi Patrick,
Got me on this call change. Thanks for the info. I guess KRKT aka "Cricket" wouldn't be good for a talk station, hi.
KTHH... that's original. Hmmm. Wonder what it means?

I sent in the CD to WRCG. KITI was the bomb here. Didn't hear a peep out of KRIZ. I've never heard XEXX or KSTN before, but maybe "the bomb" answers that question for my QTH. (it's the North/South pipeline). Anyways, with WRCG, I heard it in AM and LSB mode, best from 2.3 down to .5 khz.

Still haven't decided on a recorder yet. The Sony MDS-JE480 looks nice. It's a big unit and in my case would probably fit under the R8. What worries me, is that it's 'like' there is only one brand with one model out there. (currently) There are a couple more that are double the price. Is the mini-disc format really not that popular with the general population? Will they still be around after I get hooked on it? Maybe the same people promoted beta video tapes, hi.
73- Doug