[IRCA] Re: Recording DX

Doug Pifer wrote,

>>I usually don't keep my recordings, but I often play back
parts of a recording, sometimes many times. Can this be done with Mini-discs? >>

Yes, definitely. And, after the recording is done, you can "divide" your recordings such that
a new index # (or 'chapter') coincides with the start of the break you want to play over and over.

>>Typically, I run the tape from beginning to end then flip it over, till the tape
is worn out, hi. Also, less expensive is probably what I'm looking for.>>

With the Sony unit I have, at least, if you choose  mono recording you can get
double the recording time on one disc - up to 2 2/3 hours (160 minutes) on a single
minidisc.

Minidisc is digital recording..and therefore digital editing (just not graphical
like on a PC). Say you record all 160 minutes of DX but only want
to keep 5 minutes worth of breaks. By using the divide feature you can erase the
'chapters' you don't want and recover the recording time, use it again with 155
minutes free.

Minidisc is great for recording / editing and doesn't take long to learn.
And, thinking back to my radio days, beats the heck out of using reel-reel tape,
razor blades and splicing tape!!

Paul Mount
Morganville NJ
pmountdx@xxxxxxx