[IRCA] 1700 Mystery Update!

Inre the 1700 kHz spanish language station I heard early this
morning.....I listened through 0108 PDT.  There was no ID at the top of
the hour.  Several times a female made an announcemnt, that as far as I
could tell, did not include an ID but did mention 'la romantica'.  Quite
likely a description of the music they were playing.  Risto heard them
across the bay in Hayward.  They are not there at a 10am check this
morning.

>From the signal strength and lack of IDs I'm guessing a bay area pirate
(what else is new?).  If it is a border blaster it must be very powerful
as the signal was stronger here than either 1690 Sacramento or 1680
Fresno.  Only 1640 Vallejo had a better signal on the extended band.

Conditions actually sounded rather decent last night but I'm still
plagued by increasing QRN from this exciting modern electronic world.

73

don--san francisco ca