[IRCA] Radio (Part Thirty-Two)

IEN-GA Ira Elbert New, III, Watkinsville - AIWA CSD-FD89 (Select-A-Tenna)

690 WJOX AL Birmingham - 06/03 2045 - Atlanta Braves vs. Philadelphia Phillies. Weak signal buried in the bleed from 680 The Fan. "You're listening to Atlanta Braves Baseball on 690 AM, WJOX." (IEN-GA)

810 WNSI AL Jacksonville - 06/03 2050 - Old Shep by Red Foley. Decent signal with long, deep fades. "Playing real American country, Alabama 810." (IEN-GA)

860 WDMG GA Douglas - 06/03 2105 - Atlanta Braves vs. Philadelphia Phillies. Good signal with bleed from WWL on 870. "WDMG, AM 860, The Game." (IEN-GA)

940 WCPC MS Houston - 06/03 2110 - Local weather from a live on-air personality, then into Johnny Cash song. Decent signal on top of Braves Baseball from WMAC Macon, GA. "WCPC, Houston" (IEN-GA)

950 WGOV GA Valdosta - 06/03 2115 - Urban/Hip-Hop fare. Strong, clean signal with long, deep fades. "WGOV, Magic 950 AM." (IEN-GA)

1520 KOMA OK Oklahoma City - 06/03 2145 - Neal Boortz promo. Weak signal competing with WLAC 1510 and WSAI 1530. "Newstalk 1520, KOMA." (IEN-GA)

**I grew up in Valdosta about three miles from WGOV on US Highway 84. WAAC FM is also housed there. Although I never worked at either station, I had several friends who worked there on both sides of the dial, sometimes at the same time. I have visited the studio(s) there many times and I could see the tower(s) from my house. Kinda' nice to hear a hometown station even though I now make my home in Watkinsville, GA.**

Ira Elbert New, III
Proudly Serving You Since 1964!