[IRCA] Re: CAR RADIO RE-THREAD

Last year [2003] I purchased a Blaupunkt AM-FM-CD Digiceiver
(model--Heidelberg CD51) which has RDS to replace the receiver in my 2000
Chev pickup which did not have RDS.  I was very pleased with the performance
of both the AM & FM sides.

This year I bought a new 2004 Chev pickup which already has RDS on the
factory set.  So I removed the Blaupunkt from the old pickup and reinstalled
it in the new Chev as a completely separate system, including separate
antenna and power system, leaving the factory installation intact.  The
Blaupunkt is the better receiver, both AM & FM

Just my two cents worth.

Paul LaFreniere
Grand Marais, MN.