Re: DXERS UNLIMITEDīS WEEKEND EDITION FOR 9 - 10 FEBRUARY 2008

If he were not referring to a ``self-proclaimed expert`` or ``guru``, I would
think he was talking about me, since I have made just such comments about
phoning-in! But I have never proclaimed myself to be any such thing. Where
would he get that idea?

OK, tnx for the explanation, but then other announcers` voices must be
processed very differently since they are of higher fidelity, which with RHC`s
huge signals is certainly a benefit rather than a detriment (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

#######

Re:: Item four: Some of the self proclaimed gurus of international
broadcasting sometimes fumble the ball and just loose it... for
example, a friend e-mailed me this week a comment about my shows, in
which the self proclaimed expert affirmed that my programs where sent to the
station via a phone link.... Well, once again the guru missed... what really
happens is that when I arrive at Studio 6, my sound engineer of many years now,
Jose Costa Pupo, knows that the audio frequency equalizer must be set according
to my own optimized frequency response curve... The shape of the curve is
optimized for voice, so you won´t hear audio below 250 cycles per second, or
above 3000 cycles per second... And sure, it does sound much better under
difficult propagation conditions... So amigos, just for your information... no,
they are not phone-in as many times proclaimed by a constant critic of Radio
Havana Cuba... it is just your´s truly optimization of the frequency response
to achieve the best possible reception of voice signals via short wave...

Be a better friend, newshound, and

Order your WRTH 2008: